20130623

Check Website Links / URL Before Clicking Them in Emails

Emails have become important part of our lives and many people take it very seriously if they forget to read any single Email because of any reason. Beside regular correspondences, people share different things in emails and it has become one of the fastest way to communicate with anyone and anytime. Because of this, hackers are targeting more innocent people than before via emails. How? Well let me tell you the story of my own.

You can like my Facebook page or follow me on Twitter or Google+  Community as well, where you can ask me questions and you will also get the notifications of all the new articles which I post on my blog.
Please keep sending me your replies / feedback after reading the article and keep asking me the questions about the things which you want to learn about. WHAT I NEED IS JUST A REPLY OR A FEEDBACK FROM YOU GUYS.

How People Make Mistakes By Clicking Infected Links

Recently I received an email from my colleague, which was containing a URL / Link in it. The Email was from an Email ID which is of my colleague and there was nothing to worry about.


I clicked the link and guess what, since I was using my Office PC (which is behind corporate firewalls), I immediately got a warning message that the page which I am trying to open contains a Trojan (virus).
 
 
I was shocked to see that message and was thinking wonder what would happen if I was at home and using my Laptop. I then immediately called my colleague and asked her about the email which she sent. To my surprise, she said that her Yahoo account has got hacked and the hacker has sent an email to everyone in her address book (contacts) with the same link.