20130426

Improve Windows Performance By Disabling Windows Services Which Are Not Required

In previous article we discussed what Windows Services are and how they get installed in our PC. In this article I will first explain how you can safely change the status of any service and its Startup behavior. After that I have listed down the name of those Windows services which you can safely disable in Windows XP, 7 8. If you don't have enough RAM installed or just want to push Windows a bit more for improvements, then removing the Startup entries and Disabling these Windows Services can increase your PC performance.

Please keep sending me your replies / feedback after reading the article and keep asking me the questions about the things which you want to learn about. WHAT I NEED IS JUST A REPLY OR A FEEDBACK FROM YOU GUYS. I will also appreciate if you can suggest me the Topics in which you are Interested in and want to learn more about It. (But please don't ask me to write about programming, networking or things like that, since this blog is not about professional courses)

You can like my Facebook page or follow me on Twitter or Google+ Community as well, where you can ask me questions and you will also get the notifications of all the new articles which I post on my blog


How To Change The Status Of Any Windows Service

Click Start Menu and type services.msc in the search box and press Enter key. If you are using Win XP, then click the Start Menu, click Run and then type services.msc in the box and press OK.


A window will open with the list of all the Services installed in your Windows.
 
 
 
In this window, you can see the Name of the Service, its Description (which is a must read if you planning to do anything with it), its Status and Startup Type.
 
 
In Order to Change the Status of any Windows Service, simply Right Click It and select the required action from the context menu.